Update: The Big Green Bus is on hiatus for the summer of 2014. But, the program anticipates resuming for the 2015 year. Please get in touch (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in the bus or getting involved.
While visiting our website…
- Follow our journey and learn about our daily events by reading our Blog and checking out our photos.
- Discover the stories of the people we have encountered on the road by checking out our Media section, where you will find Videos and our Guestbook.
- Learn more about environmental issues and sustainable solutions on our Environmental Issues page.
- Want your own sustainability story or interview to be posted? Shoot us an email at email@example.com
Our 2013 Mission:
We are 12 Dartmouth students who are traveling around the country this summer listening to sustainability and environmental justice stories from the communities we meet. As people scared about large-scale global environmental change, we feel that it is important for us to understand the impacts of our actions on our communities and environments as well as inspire others and ourselves to take action. We believe that many stories of environmental injustice go unheard and that stories sustainability initiatives in one community can be informative and inspiring to another. We are collecting these stories through different mediums to share with communities as we continue to travel.
We are looking for stories that respond to the following questions:
- What should we know about you and your community? What makes your community home? What is your community’s history?
- What environmental, economic and social issues affect you/your community? How do the issues interact?
- What are your passions? What are your fears?
Although we realize our position may come with its own inherent stigmas and issues, we hope to bridge gaps by opening ourselves to different definitions of sustainability. We understand that sustainability looks different in different places and through our journey hope to expand our understanding of what sustainability means.
Let us know if you have any ideas for our journey and feel free to help us continue the program in future years by donating!